Wehman Award of Excellence
(nominations will be accepted in 2024, STAY TUNED)
The IDTA is committed to honoring those who are dedicated and passionate about advocating for and serving young children and their families while upholding a strong standard of service delivery. That is why we created the Benny D Rising Star Award. Benny Delgado was the President of the IDTA for over 8 years. During his time, he passionately mentored DT’s, especially those who were new to the field. He believed that the role of the DT was one that was essential in EI. Benny strove for excellence in all he did during his term as the IDTA President, and his impact on the field will forever be noted as that which propelled the field forward and garnered respect by many. Benny is a pioneer in the field and represents that which we at the IDTA believe we should all strive toward. The Benny D Rising Star Award is intended to honor a DT who has been in the field for less than 5 years and exhibits a high standard of integrity, and commitment to advancing the excellence, education, and ethical standards of the Developmental Therapist while upholding our EI principles.
Do you know such a developmental therapist? Help us honor and celebrate this individual at our next IDTA Conference by nominating them for the Benny D Rising Star Award.
The following are the qualifications we are looking for in a potential recipient of the Benny D Rising Star Award:
• Has been working as a Developmental Therapist for 5 years or less.
• Families served by this DT report a high level of satisfaction
• Exhibits strong family-centered practices in their work as a DT
• Exemplifies best practices consistent with EI principles
• Demonstrates a high level of passion in their work as a DT
• Actively researches and seeks out mentorship to learn how to be the best DT
• Participates in volunteer and advocacy roles in the fieldSubmit A Nomination